Monday, September 19, 2005

Jim Behrle, "I'm Ready to Walk the Walk"

remember: your mouth was once a vagina

when the soup gets cold they charge twice as much

true love leaves no traces

what I leave behind Crime Scene finds with black lights

"We can still count the number of women who attempt

writing on such a scale on the fingers of our hands."
an old lady floats by through poopy water

who gets to burst first, you or me?

on tv black women chant "help us, help us"

the beautiful story about the cicada tattoo

I ate a cicada for you

and the mighty power of God fills the air

inside me is a cellphone tower

count the sex acts that have been

committed in this hotel room

and add two

the flag says A MAN WAS LYNCHED TODAY

wish they'd covered it up better

soap gets in your eyes

bad light / bad heat / "that jelly rolls in the

street"